Thursday, May 3, 2012

BBall Book Review: Don't Put Me In, Coach by Mark Titus

I recently finished reading Don't Put Me In, Coach by Mark Titus. It is by far the funniest book I've ever read and one of my favorite memoirs.

The book follows the basketball career of Mark Titus. He writes about playing with future-NBA players Mike Conley, Daequan Cook, and Greg Oden on an AAU team in high school and then tagging along with them to Ohio State as a walk-on. During his time as a member of the powerhouse Buckeyes team, he writes about rarely playing, but tells the reader about funny stories and pranks on his teammates and coaches. He also discusses creating his blog, Club Trillion, and being drafted by the Harlem Globetrotters.

This book is funny. I rarely laugh while reading, but this one had me grinning and cracking up a lot. He writes about stuff like provoking his teammates into fights and calling his high school basketball coach an "asshole" to his face. Also, the analogies he uses to describe his personal experiences are hilarious.

There's some humor that some people may find inappropriate (a lot of stuff about balls, weiners, and stuff like that), but I thought that everything about the book was good. Also, Titus makes so many 90's TV and movie references that it'll bring your childhood memories back.

I give this book 5 stars out of 5. It's a really great book and I'd suggest it to any basketball fan, but especially white guys, players who aren't stars on their teams, and (of course) Ohio State fans. Plus, the language and wording that he uses in the content of he book is perfect, in my opinion.

Here are the other BBall Book Reviews that I've written:
-Resilence by Alonzo Mourning (posted on May 16, 2011)
-Bad As I Wanna Be by Dennis Rodman (posted on September 18, 2011)

Have any thoughts on Don't Put Me In, Coach by Mark Titus? Have you read it? Do you wanna read it? Leave a comment below and tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment