Friday, June 3, 2011

NBA Finals: 4th Quarter Comeback by the Mavs Ties the Series 1-1

The Dallas Mavericks and the Miami Heat are tied 1-1 in the NBA Finals, thanks to a spectacular 4th quarter run by the Mavs.



The game was fairly close through the first 3 quarters of the game until the Heat gained a 15-point lead with about 7 minutes left in the 4th quarter. This is when I started getting mad because I am a Lebron James/Chris Bosh hater and I really want the Mavs to win this series.


But then the Mavs came back. They managed to cut the deficit and eventually take the lead on a 3-pointer by Dirk Nowitzki. The Mavs were up by 3 with less than a minute left and I honestly thought the game was over. But then Mario Chalmers was left open in the corner when the Heat were inbounding it and LeBron threw it to him and he drilled the three. The game was then tied 93-93. On their final possession, the Mavs went to Dirk (of course) and he blew by Chris Bosh to hit the game-winning lay-up. Dwyane Wade then missed a long three at the buzzer that would have won the game for them.


Dwyane Wade led the Heat in scoring and had a great game (36 points, 5 rebounds, & 6 assists), but it wasn't enough for the win. Dirk Nowitzki led the Mavs in scoring and finished with 24 points, 11 rebounds, and 4 assists.


The Mavs the ended the game on a 22-5 run. They were down 15 in the 4th quarter, but came back and won by 2.


After staying up later than I wanted to to see the exciting finish to Game 2, I had to represent the Mavs. I wore the only Mavericks jersey I have to school today, a grey Michael Finley jersey. The only comment I got on it though was some kid who asked if it was a Caron Butler jersey and when I said it was Finley, he said, "He's nasty!" By the way he said it, I didn't know if he meant it in a good way or not.
The current front runners for Finals MVP on the Heat are Dwyane Wade (29 ppg, 7.5 rpg, & 6 apg) and LeBron James (22 ppg & 8.5 rpg). The front runners for MVP on the Mavs are Dirk Nowitzki (25.5 ppg & 9.5 rpg) and Shawn Marion (18 ppg & 9 rpg). Personally, I'd love to see DeShawn Stevenson win the Finals MVP award, but his stats (7.5 ppg & 2.5 rpg) aren't quite MVP-caliber.


The series is now tied 1-1 and my prediction of the Mavs beating the Heat in 6 games is still alive.


Have any thoughts on the late comeback by the Mavs? Leave a comment below and tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment