Tuesday, June 14, 2011

BBall Book Review: Fight for Your Dreams by Mike James

I recently finished reading Fight For Your Dreams: Memoirs of an NBA Star by Mike James. Overall, I was impressed.


In the book, James writes about everything from growing up in Amityville, New York to his days in the NBA.


He wrote from a very honest perspective and didn't hold back. He wasn't afraid to put in the things that most people wouldn't. He even wrote detailed descriptions of when Juwan Howard threw a basketball at his face and when Shaquille O'Neal trash-talked him. To find out what Shaq said to him, you'll have to read the book.


His playing career was very interesting to read about. As a pro, he's played overseas and with nine different NBA teams. He even averaged 20 points a game with the Toronto Raptors one season.


I think that a lot of people can relate to his perspective. I highly suggest this book to basketball players who dream of playing professionally because Mike James' book will show you what it is like to play in the league.


The only real negatives about this book are that the book is only 158 pages long and some parts of it lack detail, but other than that, I thought it was a great book.


Fight For Your Dreams is a fun and interesting read. For me, it was a page-turner. I give this book 4 out of 5 stars.


Have you read Fight For Your Dreams or have any thoughts on Mike James? Leave a comment below and tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment