Saturday, May 1, 2010

Albany Legends: Toby Smith gone

I live 30 minutes away from the Wasington Avenue Armory, which is where the Albany Legends of the IBL play. I am a die-hard fan and try to go to every game I can. Though, lately the Legends have made bad decisions and lost a game for the first time ever. They started off their inaugural season 3-0. Everything was good. But then they got a new player out of UAlbany and got rid of Toby Smith and Neil Edwards. It's not so much Neil Edwards I care about, but Toby Smith. Smith is so cool. If you saw him, you'd know what I mean. He wasn't the best player on the team or anything, but he was my favorite player on the team. They lost their first game of the season last night and it proved my point. The Legends are 3-0 with Toby Smith and 0-1 without him. Even though my favorite player on the team is gone, I'm still gonna go to every game I possibly can, but I lost a little respect for the Legends. In Albany Legends Memory of Toby Smith: 3 games, 38 points (12.7 points per game), 13 rebounds (4.3 rebounds per game), and 5 assists (1.7 assists per game). Toby Smith, you'll be missed!

2 comments:

  1. This Guy is nothing more than a crackhead alcoholic...which would be a probable reason basketball wouldn't work in his favor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to hear more about why you feel that way about Toby Smith. "Crackhead alcoholic" seems a bit strong, but I don't know him personally.

      Delete